Review the organizational structure for specific functions within a program, service or agency.
Organization design tools
A generic organization design template.
Function specific organization design templates (15 tools) provide a work plan and template for organization design with content specific to each function such as activities and tasks, organization capabilities, stakeholder responsibilities, organization design models, skills and competencies.
- An organization design guide provides an overall approach and detailed work plan.
You receive an email with a link to download the selected organization design template in a PowerPoint editable format (or the organization design guide in a Word editable format).
When is a new organizational structure required?
Organizations evolve incrementally over the years. Functions change as well. As external demands and priorities change, the organization structure may not be sufficiently flexible and responsive to these changes. Or the current organizational structure may not support the future vision of the organization in the way ahead.
Key organization design steps
- Confirm strategic directions and priorities in the way ahead
- Assess the existing delivery/organizational structure (current state assessment)
- Develop and assess delivery model options/structural options
- Describe the preferred organizational structure
- Implementation planning/ change management.