Finance Delivery Model Option Assessment (8 slides)
You wish to assess how financial management support and financial services are provided within your government agency.
Finance delivery assessment toolkit
The Finance Delivery Model Option Assessment Tool (8 slides in PowerPoint) will help you to assess delivery model options for the finance function:
- A checklist to help review the current delivery model
- Examples of potential finance delivery model options (see preview charts)
- The typical contents of the profiles used to describe the delivery model options
- A potential assessment approach
- Outline of implementation plan to move to the new delivery model.
Purchase the toolkit and you will receive an email with a link to download the Finance Delivery Model Option Assessment Tool (8 slides in a PowerPoint editable format) as well as the Delivery Model Option Assessment Guide (12 pages in Word).
Finance service delivery models
Examples of delivery model options for finance include:
Decentralized—Each program/sector/region manages its own financial advisory and transaction activities. The corporate finance group establishes overall strategic direction and policies/standards, provides functional direction, and advises senior management.
Mixed model—The corporate finance group delivers all financial transaction activities, corporate financial activities and provides functional direction; each program/ sector/region has its own financial advisory team.
Centralized distributed model—The corporate finance group delivers all financial advisory and transaction activities on behalf of programs/ sectors/ regions; financial advisors reporting to the CFO at corporate are dedicated to branches/ sectors/ regions.
Centralized delivery model —The corporate finance group delivers all financial advisory and transaction activities on behalf of programs/ sectors/ regions.
Finance service delivery management--Key considerations
Key considerations in designing the finance delivery model include:
- The changing expectations of clients and stakeholders
- New methods of digital delivery
- The scope of finance services provided
- The role of the corporate finance group
- The involvement of sectors, programs and regions in finance activities
- The responsibility for the delivery of financial advisory services
- The responsibility for the delivery of financial transaction activities
- The reporting relationships of finance staff.
- Manager accountabilities for financial management.