Finance Organization Design Template (18 slides)
What is the ideal organizational structure for the finance function? This will depend on the context of each organization, its size and its strategic priorities.
Examples of finance organizational models include:
Decentralized delivery model. Each program/sector/region manages its own financial advisory and transactional activities. The corporate finance group establishes overall strategic direction and policies/standards, provides functional direction, and advises senior management.
Mixed model. Corporate finance group delivers all financial transactional activities, corporate financial activities and provides functional direction; each program/ sector/region has its own financial advisory team.
Centralized distributed model. The corporate finance group delivers all financial advisory and transactional activities on behalf of programs/ sectors/ regions; financial advisors reporting to the CFO at corporate are dedicated to branches/ sectors/ regions.
Centralized delivery model. Corporate finance group delivers all financial advisory and transactional activities on behalf of programs/ sectors/ regions.
The finance organization design tool provides a template to help review the the design of the finance organization. The template (see preview charts) addresses the following elements:
- Scope of finance activities, objectives and desired outcomes
- The case for change—strengths, weaknesses and key challenges
- Finance trends, strategic directions and priorities
- Key finance capabilities required
- Organizational design criteria
- Stakeholders and their responsibilities for finance
- Stakeholder expectations of finance
- Demand for finance support and workload trends
- Finance activities, tasks, outputs and resources required
- Finance delivery model options (see preview charts)
- Alignment of finance functions with the preferred service delivery model
- Key finance positions, and skills and competencies required in the way ahead.
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (18 slides) in a PowerPoint editable format.