Information Management Strategic Planning Tool (31 slides)
Strategic planning template--Information management function
The information management (IM) strategic planning tool (31 slides in Power Point) provides a process and template to help do strategic and business planning for the information management function. The approach can be tailored to meet your requirements, and includes a menu of elements that can be selected and revised as need be, depending on the scope and focus of your planning exercise:
- External trends (environmental scan) (see examples in preview chart images)
- Stakeholder expectations of information management
- Scope of IM activities, objectives and outcomes
- Strengths, weaknesses and key challenges facing IM (internal scan)
- Risks and mitigation measures related to information management
- Workload trends and projections (workload forecast)
- Financial situation and key financial pressures
- People priorities and competency gaps
- Performance results
- Status of current IM initiatives and projects
- Strategic IM priorities and projects
- Accountability for leading and delivering IM projects
- IM project implementation plans.
The template contains content and examples specific to information management for external trends, stakeholder expectations, risks, activities, workload indicators, skills and competencies, and performance indicators.
Purchase this tool and you will receive an email with a link to download the template (31 slides) in a PowerPoint fully editable format.