Procurement Strategic Planning Template (31 slides)
A work plan and template to help do strategic and business planning for the procurement function. Align strategic priorities and projects with changing stakeholder requirements and trends in procurement.
Examples of trends in procurement that can influence your strategic planning include: e-procurement, sourcing strategies for key categories of goods and services, strategic supplier partnerships, innovative procurement models (e.g., outcomes based contracts, public private partnerships), streamlined “lean” procurement processes, simplified processes for low risk/value procurements, green/sustainable procurement, investment planning/ long term capital planning, centralized processing of procurement transactions, lifecycle management.
The procurement strategic planning template addresses the following topics (see preview charts):
- External procurement trends (environmental scan)
- Stakeholder expectations of procurement
- Procurement activities, objectives and outcomes
- Strengths, weaknesses and key challenges
- Procurement risks and mitigation measures
- Procurement workload trends and projections
- Financial situation and key financial pressures
- Procurement people priorities and competency gaps
- Procurement performance results and gaps
- Status of current procurement initiatives and projects
- Strategic priorities and projects in the way ahead
- Accountability for leading and delivering projects
- Project implementation plans.
This template contains content and examples specific to procurement for external trends, stakeholder expectations, risks, activities, workload indicators, skills and competencies, and performance indicators.
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (31 slides) in a PowerPoint fully editable format.