Benchmarking Accommodation Management (17 slides)
What best practices or service innovations have become more prevalent in the delivery of the accommodation/facilities management function in government agencies?
Accommodation management benchmarking template
The accommodation/facilities management benchmarking tool provides a summary work plan and template to help compare the delivery and practices of the accommodation management function with those of other jurisdictions/ organizations.
The key benchmarking steps are:
- Identify potential organizations to participate in the benchmarking
- Prepare profiles of the benchmark organizations
- Compare delivery models and practices by dimension/criteria
- Summarize the results of the comparisons.
Dimensions/criteria specific to the accommodation management function are provided to help compare with accommodation management delivery models and practices of other jurisdictions (see preview image chart).
Also included are examples of common/best practices under each dimension as well as five level capability maturity descriptions to help situate your organization relative to common/best practices found in the benchmark organizations.
After you acquire the tool, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (17 slides) in a PowerPoint editable format, as well as the Benchmarking Guide (8 pages) in a Word format.
Accommodation management common/best practices
Examples of accommodation/facilities management practices include:
- Broad range of accommodation strategies to align supply and demand
- Long term accommodation plans
- Location/place-based strategies
- Optimal ownership-lease mix
- Strategies to ensure optimal use of space
- Environmental sustainability strategies, policies & programs
- Strategies to maintain value of assets
- Formal capital funding approval processes
- Modern workplace design standards and practices
- Flexible work arrangements to reduce the accommodation footprint
- Lifecycle asset management
- Healthy and safe workplace comparable to industry standards
- Modern technologies, tools & systems
- Leverage private sector capabilities
- Centralized accommodation management
- Benchmarking performance & costs.