Audit Services Capability Assessment Template (21 slides)
What key capabilities are required to successfully deliver the internal audit function in a government agency?
In a capability assessment, key internal audit capabilities required are identified. These capabilities are then assessed based on different states or plateaus that the organization may strive to achieve based on generally recognized common/best practices in delivering audit services. Skills and competencies, and tools and technologies, are also assessed given their strategic importance.
For example, key capabilities can include audit planning, high quality audit products, timeliness of audit results, audit delivery and technology, audit staff competencies, audit governance, stakeholder engagement, and audit credibility with stakeholders.
The audit services capability assessment template contains (see preview charts) :
- Suggested key capabilities for internal audit services
- Examples of internal audit common/best practices for selected key capabilities
- Internal audit services skills and competencies
- Tools and technologies required
- Five level maturity capability descriptions for each key capability
- A template to summarize the results of the assessment for each key capability
- A work plan in presentation format.
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (21 slides) in a PowerPoint editable format, as well as the Capability Assessment Guide (15 pages) in a Word format.