Communications Capability Assessment Template (29 slides)
What key capabilities are required to successfully deliver the communications function in your government agency?
The modern government agency requires strong communications capabilities to maintain credibility with the public and stakeholders: high impact communications programs, effective communications delivery methods, quality communications products and advice to managers, a high level of client service to the organization, a learning communications organization, and skills in crisis management. In addition, the organization must ensure conformity with government-wide communications policies.
In a capability assessment, the key communications capabilities required of the organization are established. The capabilities are then assessed based on different states or plateaus that the organization may strive to achieve based on generally recognized common/best practices.
The communications capability assessment template provides an assessment framework with content specific to the communications function in government (see examples in preview charts):
- Key communications capabilities required
- Communications common/best practices by key capability
- Communications skills and competencies
- Communications tools and technologies
- Five level maturity capability scale for each key capability
- Template to compare communications capabilities to common/best practices
- A work plan in presentation format is also included.
Acquire this tool and you will receive an email with a link to download the template (29 slides) in a PowerPoint fully editable format, as well as the Capability Assessment Guide (15 pages) in a Word format.