Human Resources Management Organization Design Template (14 slides)
Design the optimal organizational structure for the human resources management function within your government agency.
Examples of human resources organization design models
Decentralized delivery model. HR advisors reporting to the corporate head of HR provide primarily strategic advice. HR advisors reporting at the region, sector, and branch level provide strategic and operational HR support. Managers have administrative support in their organization to support HR processes.
Mixed model/ centralized transactional services. A shared services organization provides a single window for HR transactional services. The corporate HR group provides functional direction, establishes policies and standards, and advises senior management on overall HR strategy. HR advisors at the region, sector and branch level provide HR operational support.
Centralized distributed model. The corporate HR group delivers all HR advisory, operational and transactional services on behalf of programs, sectors and regions. HR advisors reporting to the corporate head of HR are dedicated to branches/ sectors/ regions and are often co-located with them.
Centralized delivery model. The corporate HR group delivers all advisory, operational and transactional services on behalf of programs, sectors and regions. HR advisors report to the corporate head of HR in the organization.
HR organization design template
The template provides a step-by-step approach to review the design of the HR organization, using content specific to HR (see preview slides):
- Scope of HR management activities, objectives and desired outcomes
- The case for change—strengths, weaknesses and key challenges with the current organization design
- HR management trends, strategic directions and priorities
- Key HR management capabilities required
- Organizational design criteria
- Stakeholders and their responsibilities for HR management
- Stakeholder expectations of HR management
- Demand for HR management support and workload trends
- HR management activities, tasks, outputs and resources required
- HR management delivery model options
- Alignment of functions with the preferred service delivery model
- Key HR management positions, and skills and competencies required in the way ahead.
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (14 slides) in a PowerPoint fully editable format.