Communications Organization Design Tool (15 slides)
Develop the optimal organizational structure for the delivery of the communications function within a government agency.
Communications organization design template
Template to help design the communications organization, based on content specific to the communications function (see preview charts):
- Scope of communications activities, objectives and desired outcomes
- The case for change—strengths, weaknesses and key challenges
- Communications trends, strategic directions and priorities
- Key communications capabilities required
- Organizational design criteria
- Stakeholders and their responsibilities for communications
- Stakeholder expectations of communications
- Demand for communications support and workload trends
- Communications activities, tasks, outputs and resources required
- Communications delivery model options (see preview charts)
- Alignment of functions with the preferred service delivery model
- Communications positions and skills and competencies required.
Purchase the tool and you will receive an email with a link to download the tool (15 slides) in a PowerPoint editable format.
Communications organization design models
Examples of communications delivery models are highlighted below:
Decentralized delivery model. Each program/sector manages its own communications activities. A corporate communications group establishes overall strategic directions and communications policies and standards.
Corporate strategic delivery model. The corporate communications group delivers organization-wide strategic communications, and provides functional direction. Each program/ sector delivers operational communications activities.
Mixed model. The corporate communications group delivers organization-wide strategic communications as well as operational communications for some programs/ sectors. The larger programs/sectors deliver their own communications activities.
Centralized delivery model. The corporate communications group delivers all communications activities on behalf of programs/sectors and manages funding.