Legal Services Strategic Planning Template (33 slides)
The legal services function is undergoing major technology changes. Examples of trends include: the shift to managing documentation electronically in a digital workspace as opposed to physical paper; greater use of technology in ediscovery, document review and management; law practice management software, cloud computing, and automated templates; increased use of knowledge management tools to leverage access to information and foster information sharing; increased focus on legal project management; the shift to e-filing with courts and tribunals and hearings via video conferencing; new emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence; and greater focus on analytics and legal practice management.
The legal services strategic planning template will help you to do planning for your in-house legal services function. The template can be tailored to meet your requirements, and includes a range of elements that can be revised as need be, depending on the scope and focus of your planning.
The template addresses the following elements (see preview charts):
- External trends (environmental scan)
- Stakeholder expectations of legal services
- Scope of legal services activities, objectives and outcomes
- Strengths, weaknesses and key challenges (internal scan)
- Risks related to legal services and mitigation measures
- Workload trends and projections (workload forecast)
- Financial situation and financial pressures affecting legal services
- People priorities and competency gaps
- Performance results
- Status of current legal services initiatives and projects
- Legal services strategic priorities and projects
- Accountability for leading and delivering legal services projects
- Project implementation plans.
The template contains information and examples specific to legal services for external trends, stakeholder expectations, risks, activities, workload indicators, skills and competencies, and performance indicators.
Purchase this template and you will receive an email with a link to download the template (33 slides) in a PowerPoint fully editable format.