Benchmarking the Communications Function (15 slides)
What best practices or service innovations have become more prevalent in the delivery of the communications function?
Communications benchmarking template
The communications benchmarking tool provides a summary work plan and template to help compare the delivery and practices of the communications function with those of other jurisdictions/ organizations.
The key benchmarking steps are:
- Identify potential organizations to participate in the benchmarking
- Prepare profiles of the benchmark organizations
- Compare delivery models and practices by dimension/criteria
- Summarize the results of the comparisons.
Dimensions/criteria specific to the communications function are provided to help compare with communications delivery models and practices of other jurisdictions (see preview charts).
Also included are examples of communications common/best practices under each dimension as well as five level capability maturity descriptions to help situate your organization relative to common/best practices found in the benchmark organizations.
After you acquire the tool, you will receive an email with a link to download the template (15 slides) in a PowerPoint editable format, as well as the Benchmarking Guide (8 pages) in a Word format.
Examples of common/ best practices--Communications function
Examples of communications common/best practices include:
- Strategic partnership with programs (account executive model/ joint planning)
- Real time communications
- Interactive communications
- Multiple communication channels
- Use of social media channels
- Crisis management
- Distinguish strategic from operational functions.